Active Birth Antenatal Weekend Course
An active birth is one that uses movement, gravity and enhanced knowledge of the body's physiology to create the optimal experience for the new family during the birth process and beyond. An active birth can take place in a variety of settings by using informed choices and ensuring the mother, her wishes and her body are respected and prioritised.
Local doulas Simi Shah and Vaida Milne-Tyte are offering
active birth preparatory workshops for parents expecting in 2022! This
experience which is tailored for a small group is offered in two formats:
weekend and short course. The courses draw from a wide variety of perspectives
including Active Birth, Yoga Birth and Hypnobirthing as well as many years’
experience that Simi and Vaida have gained while attending births as doulas.
Their teaching is evidence-based to give you a well-rounded and realistic understanding
of what to expect at the birth of your baby. You will leave the course ready to
meet your arrival feeling calm confident in your own strength and excited for
the transition into parenthood.
The weekend course is ideal for first time parents and those who wish to concentrate on practical exercises of movement, breath and other comfort measures; your rights and choices at a birthplace; physiology and labour and birth and all the “what if’s”.
- Benefits of active birth
- Anatomy of the baby's passage by stage of labour
- Understanding your body & emotions during labour and birth
- Creating an optimal birthing environment
- Labouring & birthing positions including water birth
- Pain perception and options for its management
- Your rights and options during birth
- Birth, bonding & the placenta
- How to be a confident and helpful birth partner
- Trusting your body, and reducing the likelihood of intervention
- Making well informed decisions
- Applying Active Birth principles in combination with medical support
- Practical preparations for birth and welcoming the newborn
- Feeding your baby
- Extended Q & A with no stone unturned!
- 10am - 4pm on Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th January 2022
- 10am - 4pm on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th February 2022
- 10am - 4pm on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th March 2022
|Coming up …|
|January 8, 2022||10.00am||£400.00||2 sessions||Book|
|January 8, 2022||10.00am||£200.00||2 sessions||Book|
|February 5, 2022||10.00am||£200.00||2 sessions||Book|
|February 5, 2022||10.00am||£400.00||2 sessions||Book|
|March 12, 2022||10.00am||£200.00||2 sessions||Book|
|March 12, 2022||10.00am||£400.00||2 sessions||Book|
*An individual place is £200 and a couples place is £400*
In this section
- Active Birth Antenatal Short Course
- Active Birth Antenatal Weekend Course
- Baby Massage
- Breathe, Talk, Move Menopause Workshop
- Child Health Information Classes
- Hypnobirthing Taster Session
- MotherTime – Plan Now for Your Fourth Trimester
- Parenting Around Food Workshop
- Pelvic Wellbeing – An Embodied Approach
- Starting Solids Workshop
Book with us
If you would like to book a treatment, class, event or workshop follow this link.
If you'd like to buy gift vouchers follow the link below.